Skip to main content

Selenium and ExtJS HtmlEditor

I had to add a selenium test for a page with ExtJS HtmlEditor and selenium wont recognize it, even tests recorded with Selenium IDE wont recognize it. The reason is that HtmlEditor uses a hidden textarea and a DIV on top of it to trap keystrokes. I tried using lots of ways to set text into it but it would complain about component not visible  and other stuff. Finally the only way I could do is to execute Javascript from webdriver. Here is the code that I used to set the text.

                String notes = "This is a test note from selenium";
		JavascriptExecutor js = (JavascriptExecutor) driver;
		js.executeScript("Ext.getCmp('notes').setValue('"
				+ notes + "')");
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RabbitMQ java clients for beginners

Here is a sample of a consumer and producer example for RabbitMQ. The steps are
Download ErlangDownload Rabbit MQ ServerDownload Rabbit MQ Java client jarsCompile and run the below two class and you are done.
This sample create a Durable Exchange, Queue and a Message. You will have to start the consumer first before you start the for the first time.

For more information on AMQP, Exchanges, Queues, read this excellent tutorial
http://blogs.digitar.com/jjww/2009/01/rabbits-and-warrens/

+++++++++++++++++RabbitMQProducer.java+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
import com.rabbitmq.client.Connection; import com.rabbitmq.client.Channel; import com.rabbitmq.client.*; public class RabbitMQProducer { public static void main(String []args) throws Exception { ConnectionFactory factory = new ConnectionFactory(); factory.setUsername("guest"); factory.setPassword("guest"); factory.setVirtualHost("/"); factory.setHost("127.0.0.1"); factory.setPort(5672); Conne…

What a rocky start to labor day weekend

Woke up by earthquake at 7:00 AM in morning and then couldn't get to sleep. I took a bath, made my tea and started checking emails and saw that after last night deployment three storage node out of 100s of nodes were running into Full GC. What was special about the 3 nodes was that each one was in a different Data centre but it was named same app02.  This got me curious I asked the node to be taken out of rotation and take a heap dump.  Yesterday night a new release has happened and I had upgraded spymemcached library version as new relic now natively supports instrumentation on it so it was a suspect. And the hunch was a bullseye, the heap dump clearly showed it taking 1.3G and full GCs were taking 6 sec but not claiming anything.



I have a quartz job in each jvm that takes a thread dump every 5 minutes and saves last 300 of them, checking few of them quickly showed a common thread among all 3 data centres. It seems there was a long running job that was trying to replicate pending…

Email slavery

It seems I have become an EmailSlave. The first half of the day is spent in just answering to emails. There are so many emails where I am copied but I need not be. There are many emails  where its a 1-2 page email and somewhere down someone says @KP please answer this.  So it seems daily my work schedule is:
Signin to newrelic and check anomalies for 15 min. Check emails related production exception report and yes there are a ton of these report daily. Need a better tool here as this model is not scalable. I need to reduce the incoming data at me to only see relevant data like what newrelic does. May be I need to create a webapp out of these emails.Check emails for next few minutes before team callsDo team callsThen again back to checking emails until a I have taken a best shot at answering everyone waiting for my reply.Attend team meetings on Tue/Thu
Being an architect and coder at heart I don't feel satisfied at end of the day if there is nothing tangible getting done at the end.…